Monday, April 8, 2013

Poetic Dreams

I’ve been asleep for too long,
I’m tired now, loathing for that bed time song,

I rest my heavy head,
Upon this lonely bed.

I lay and I dream,
This sleep is not as seems.

Black, blue, white, pupils exposed,
I lay here but my eyes are not closed.

I’m dreaming, always dreaming,
It’s not the eyes but the mind that needs seeing.

A time and place where we dream while awake,
I realize this dream is no mistake.

Feeling like something’s been left behind,
The piece of us we always search and must someday find.

Canadian soil fills the dream with familiarity.
It’s been too long since I’ve had such clarity.

I’ve been gone for too long,
I’m awake now, loathing that familiar song.

My dreams no longer hold the desire to roam,
I’m coming home.


No comments:

Post a Comment